Home

2010年6月14日星期一

A conversation between a Chinese blogger and police

Jason Ng, a famous Chinese blogger of Kenengba.com, was taken by police to have a conversation in June 4, 2010. Since that, he has being low-key for a long time. Many people are worrying about him, asking him whether he was threatened by the police or government on that day. Therefore he updated a new post in his private blog about what exactly happened. The follow conversation is translated properly from original Chinese.

When we reached the police station, they told me to wait in a room with exchange equipments. A fat policewoman came to ask me:

"Have you said anything about Tiananmen Square protests on Internet?"

"About what?"

"Have you said anything?"

"About what?"

"Have you ever said anything?"

"Never."

Then she went away, she was not in charge of my case.

And later a middle age police name Zhang came to me, whose son has the same age of me, he said when in June 4, 1989, he was a armed police to keep peace in Tiananmen Square. The he told me, it was not the time for China to have democracy, because there is only one politic party (China Community Party) in the country.

Later, another police name Wang came to me. He said he was also not in charge of my case, but he was on his duty. He repeated the conversation which I just had with the fat policewoman, and I replied the same. Then he took out a piece of paper, asking:

"T, W, I, T, T, E, Y dot COM (Twitter.com), is this your website?"

"Never heard of it."

He gave me the paper, and I told him he made a mistake, the last character was R, not Y.

"Is this website yours?" He asked again.

I said no, of course not. I wish it was, but they just couldn't understand the fact with their own intelligence quotient.

They asked me whether I had been writing blog, I said yes. I also told them that maybe someone made comments in my blog about Tiananmen Square protects, which I couldn't control.

They were seem to be cofused:

"How can somebody make comments in your blog?"

Therefore I took half an hour to explain the relationship between bloggers and visiters.

After that, the Police Zhang thought I had never posted anything about Tiananmen Square protects, but the Police Wang insisted on checking my laptop. So he called a guy who is good at computer staff.

They opened up my laptop, ask me to show my Internet history in IE. I said I didn't use IE, they were also confuse of surfing Internet without useing IE brower.

At last, they couldn't find anything they want in my laptop, so they ask to keep it for a couple of days.

I keep call they to give my laptop back for the reason of job requirment. Four days later, I finally got it back.

Well, the whole conversation is like a comedy. Janson Ng played innocent for his own safety, and the Police played being stupid. It is reasonable that there are still many Chinese people having no idea about what Twitter is, because Twitter is blocked in China. But it is so hard to believe the guy who was thought to be good at computer staff, didn't know there are other web browsers except IE. If Jason Ng used a Linux OS in his laptop, these police would think he was a hacker because they couldn't deal with an OS which was not Windows.

This event exposes the fact that the people who rule China don't know computer and Internet staff. The only thing they care is the negative speech about the government. The recommendation for Chinese citizens is the same for their ancestors in Qing Dynasty:

Do not make comments about government.

 

没有评论:

发表评论